Registration Address ValidationThis extension is a fork of Pre Registration Email Validation Plugin developed by function90 for J! 2.5/3.x, modified by SharkyKZ (Šarūnas Paulauskas) for J! 4.x.: This plugin validates a new account email before registration. It sends a code to the address and completes the registration if and only if the code is valid.
Registration Address Validation [RAV4] requires new users to validate their email address before registration. It reduces spam at your site and the possibility that someone may have mistyped their email address. You don′t have to perform more than two step, just install and enable the plugin.
How it works
- When a person wants to create a new account on your website, an extra button and text field are displayed on the account creation form (click the image on the right to enlarge the screenshot).
- Users need to click on Send Code after entering their email address. The user will receive an email containing a random validation code.
- Users need to enter that validation code in the text field, and then click the Register button.
- It supports core Joomla! registrationThird-party registration procedures (such as JomSocial, Community Builder or EasyBlog) cannot use this plugin..
- It reduces ’bot-generated account registrations to zero. Users must enter a valid email address and, if the user is not human, the account cannot be created until a valid code is entered.
- Users are less likely to make mistakes entering their email address during account registration.
- Helps keep your user tables clean.